Saturday, September 24, 2011

Honey Soy Grilled Salmon with Edamame

Tonight's dinner was courtesy of The Food Network and was a hit. Miss actually is a fan of salmon and other fish, so I thought this would work well. Oh, and we liked it, too. ;o)

The sauce has just the right sweetness and compliments the creaminess of the salmon beautifully. The scallions were a little oniony for our taste, but it wasn't bad. I will say, though, that most of what Miss had didn't have any of the herb stuffing. She had a little of it and didn't seem to mind it. I did serve this with edamame, another Miss favorite, and some leftover rice from another meal.

One note about grilling this. I used my grill pan on top of my stove. The fish stuck even with spraying the pan down with Pam for grilling. Also, once I put the sauce on, the smoke detector went off twice even with the hood on high. The honey in the sauce just isn't good on the grill pan. It tasted good, though, which is all that matters, right?

One thing I try to aim for in my recipes is that you can easily leave out or substitute ingredients that you don't like. If you don't like the cilantro in the herb stuffing, use parsley. If you don't like scallions use another allium (onion, leek, shallot, etc) or leave it out. I imagine that garlic would work really well in this. And, I don't see why lemon or orange juice wouldn't work in the sauce. Experiment!

Food Network's Honey Soy Grilled Salmon with Edamame

No comments:

Post a Comment